From ACT Wiki
Financial reporting - IAS 16 - property, plant and equipment.
Bearer plants include agricultural assets such as:
- Sugar cane roots that produce standing sugar cane
- Tea bushes that produce tea leaves
- Rubber trees that produce latex
Under IAS 16, bearer plants are accounted for as property, plant and equipment if they:
- Are used in the production or supply of agricultural produce;
- Are expected to bear produce for more than one financial reporting period; and
- Have a remote likelihood of being sold.