1. Competitive advantage.
Equifinality means that there are different, and equally valid, routes to reach the same end result.
In business, equifinality means that firms can establish similar competitive advantages based on substantially different competencies.
2. Organisational management.
In the organisational context, equifinality means that there is no single optimal structure for achieving organisational effectiveness.
This also promotes the importance of diversity of thought as a key aspect of organisational diversity.
Similar concepts applied in many other fields.
- 30% Club
- Affinity bias
- Board of directors
- Corporate governance
- Corporate social responsibility
- Developments in corporate and market regulation: implications for the treasurer
- ESG investment
- Kay Review
- Institute of Business Ethics
- Market environment matrix
- Shareholder value
- UK Corporate Governance Code