Export Development Guarantee
International finance - export finance - UK Export Finance.
The UK Export Development Guarantee (EDG) helps UK exporters access high value loan facilities for general working capital or capital expenditure.
The guarantee can cover up to 80% of the risk to lenders for a maximum repayment period of up to 5 years.
The average value of EDG transactions is between £100m and £500m.
- UK government's commitment to Rolls-Royce
- "Those [adverse operational] factors spurred Rolls-Royce to strengthen its liquidity position – which it achieved through a blend of public- and private-sector support.
- In August, the company agreed a five-year term loan at a value of £2bn with UK Export Finance (UKEF) under its Export Development Guarantee scheme.
- Two months later, with the UKEF loan assisting the credit story by underscoring the UK government's commitment to the company, it closed a £5bn recapitalisation package, comprising a £2bn rights issue, a £2bn-equivalent, multi-tranche bond issue and a £1bn committed bank facility."
- ACT Deals of the Year Awards 2020 - Rolls Royce
- Buyer credit
- Capital expenditure
- Credit Guarantee Scheme
- Department for International Trade
- Export credit agency (ECA)
- Export finance
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Rights issue
- Supplier credit
- Trade finance
- Working capital
- UK Export Finance