Global Foreign Exchange Committee
FX Global Code.
The Global Foreign Exchange Committee was established in 2017 as a forum bringing together central banks and private sector participants with the aim to promote a robust, liquid, open, and appropriately transparent foreign exchange (FX) market in which a diverse set of participants, supported by resilient infrastructure, are able to:
- confidently and effectively transact at competitive prices
- that reflect available information and
- in a manner that conforms to acceptable standards of behaviour.
The objectives of the GFXC are:
- To promote collaboration and communication among the local foreign exchange committees (FXCs) and non-GFXC jurisdictions with significant FX markets.
- To exchange views on trends and developments in global FX markets, including on the structure and functioning of those markets, drawing on information gathered at the various FXCs.
- To promote, maintain and update on a regular basis the FX Global Code and to consider good practices regarding effective mechanisms to support adherence.
- Central bank
- Foreign exchange
- Foreign Exchange Committee
- FX Global Code
- Statement of commitment
- UK Money Markets Code