1. Securities prices - summary information.
A number showing the variation in price of a group of securities with respect to a chosen base period.
Indices may be calculated as arithmetical or geometric averages and individual components may be weighted, for example by market capitalisation.
For example the FTSE 100 or the S&P 500.
2. Financial data - summaries.
A comparable measure in relation to any set of financial data.
For example, inflation indices or interest rate indices.
3. Data - summaries.
A comparable measure in relation to any set of data.
- Bond market index
- Composite indices
- Consumer Prices Index
- Corporate Services Price Index
- Equity swap
- Euro Stoxx 50
- Exchange-traded funds
- FTSE 100
- Harmonised index of consumer prices
- Herfindahl index
- Index method
- Index tracker
- Limited Price Indexation
- Output price index
- Personal Consumption Expenditures price index (PCE)
- Producer Price Index
- Retail Prices Index
- S&P 500
- Services Producer Price Index
- STOXX Europe 600
- Tracker fund