From ACT Wiki
1. Company law.
In relation to a company, a shareholder.
2. Mutual organisations.
A retail customer of a mutual organisation, such as a building society.
3. Closed group.
More generally, a participant in a closed group of some kind.
For example, a member-administered closed user group (MA-CUG).
A beneficiary under an occupational pension scheme.
Pension scheme members may be:
- Active (still accruing benefits by virtue of current service); or
- Deferred (no longer accruing benefits through having left the scheme, but entitled to receive benefits in the future); or
- Pensioners (currently receiving benefits). This third category will also usually include widows and other dependants of former members.
- Building society
- Member-administered closed user group
- Occupational pension scheme
- Pensions Ombudsman
- Separate personality principle
- Shareholder value
- Shareholders’ funds
- Shareholders’ wealth
- Trust deed