Principles for Sustainable Insurance
From ACT Wiki
Environmental social and governance (ESG) - insurance - United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI).
The UNEP FI defines sustainable insurance as:
- "... a strategic approach where all activities in the insurance value chain, including interactions with stakeholders, are done in a responsible and forward-looking way by identifying, assessing, managing and monitoring risks and opportunities associated with environmental, social and governance issues."
- Signatories to the Principles for Sustainable Insurance commit themselves accordingly to:
- Embed in their decision-making, environmental, social and governance issues relevant to their insurance business.
- Work together with clients and business partners to raise awareness of environmental, social and governance issues, manage related risks and develop solutions.
- Work together with governments, regulators and other key stakeholders to promote widespread action across society on environmental, social and governance issues.
- Demonstrate accountability and transparency in regularly disclosing publicly their progress in implementing these Principles.
- Source - United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI)
- Environmental concerns
- Equator Principles
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- ESG investment
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Paris Agreement
- Principles for Responsible Banking
- Principles for Responsible Investment
- Risk management
- Social concerns
- Sustainable Development Goals
- United Nations Environment Programme
- United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative