European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
The EBRD was founded in 1991 as a response to development and investment needs following the ending of communism in Central and Eastern Europe.
The EBRD assists only countries ‘committed to and applying the principles of multi-party democracy pluralism’.
Safeguarding the environment and a commitment to sustainable energy are also central to the EBRD’s activities.
The EBRD is also known as the Banque Europeenne de Reconstruction et de Developpement (BERD).
- Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa
- Asian Development Bank
- Central bank
- Development bank
- Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- United States Agency for International Development
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development