The World Bank was established in 1944 to provide financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world.
The World Bank Group is made of of five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries.
The institutions of the World Bank Group (WBG) are:
- The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
- The International Development Association (IDA)
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- The International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)