1. Economics - markets - infrastructure.
An authority with responsibilities and powers for oversight of a sector of the economy.
For example, the Payment Systems Regulator.
2. Risk management.
More broadly, any individual, authority, or structure that manages risk by supervising or intervening in a process or activity.
- Audit, Reporting and Governance Authority
- Bank supervision
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Financial Services Agency
- Payment Systems Regulator (PSR)
- Pensions Regulator
- Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA)
- Rate regulator
- Regulated market
- Regulatory risk
- Risk management