1. Advice - regulation.
Information, advice or other help.
Especially when provided by a regulator or other authority.
A document issued by the UK Pensions Regulator in addition to a Code of Practice, but of less weight, where there is a need to explain:
- what the law requires;
- the responsibilities of particular groups and how they can meet those responsibilities;
- changes to the law; and
- the Pension Regulator’s approach on a particular matter.
Guidance is not a statement of law and, unlike Codes of Practice, courts and tribunals will not take it into account.
- Best practice
- Code of practice
- Forward guidance
- Good practice
- Guidance note
- Individual Capital Guidance (ICG)
- Individual Liquidity Guidance (ILG)
- Pensions Regulator
- Red tape
- Reputational risk
- Single Financial Guidance Body