Covered bond purchase programme
Monetary policy - Eurosystem - Asset Purchase Programme.
The Eurosystem's covered bond purchase programme is part of its asset purchase programme, and is coordinated by the European Central Bank (ECB).
Assets eligible for purchase are prime euro-denominated covered bonds, issued by credit institutions established in the euro area.
The first covered bond purchase programme (CBPP1) was established in 2009.
The third covered bond purchase programme (CBPP3) was established in 2014.
- Asset-backed securities purchase programme
- Asset purchase programme
- Central bank
- Corporate sector purchase programme
- Covered bond
- Euro area
- European Central Bank
- Helicopter money
- Investment grade
- Modern Monetary Theory
- Monetary policy
- Money supply
- Pandemic emergency purchase programme
- Quantitative easing
- Public sector purchase programme
- Unconventional monetary policy