Pandemic emergency purchase programme
Monetary policy - Eurosystem - COVID-19.
The Eurosystem's pandemic emergency purchase programme is an extension of its asset purchase programme, and is coordinated by the European Central Bank (ECB).
All assets eligible for purchase under the asset purchase programme are also eligible under the PEPP.
In addition, the eligility criteria are expanded to include a greater range of assets.
The PEPP was established in March 2020.
- Asset-backed securities purchase programme
- Asset purchase programme
- Central bank
- Corporate sector purchase programme
- Covered bond purchase programme
- Development bank
- Euro area
- European Central Bank
- Helicopter money
- Investment grade
- Modern Monetary Theory
- Monetary policy
- Money supply
- Public sector purchase programme
- Quantitative easing
- Unconventional monetary policy