Sustainability - metrics.
EP&L intensity is a financial measure of corporate environmental performance.
It is closely linked with the measure of Environmental profit and loss (EP&L).
EP&L intensity measures an organisation's EP&L as a proportion of its revenues.
The lower the EP&L intensity, the better the organisation's environmental performance in relation to its size.
- EP&L intensity calculation
- A Group's EP&L is $500m
- The group's revenue is $20,000m
- A Group measures its EP&L intensity in $EP&L per $1,000 of revenue.
- EP&L intensity = (500/20,000) x 1,000
- = 0.025 x 1,000
- = 25
- Carbon intensity
- Environmental concerns
- Environmental KPI
- Environmental Objective
- Environmental profit and loss
- Financial reporting
- Natural capital
- Open source
- Profit and Loss account
- Supply chain
- Triple bottom line