Green Loan Principles
The Green Loan Principles are a voluntary framework for green loans, issued by the Loan Market Association (LMA).
The wholesale green loan market aims to facilitate and support environmentally sustainable economic activity.
In this context, the GLP were developed by the LMA to promote the development and integrity of the green loan product.
The GLP are designed to create a high-level framework of market standards and guidelines, providing a consistent methodology for use across the green loan market, whilst allowing the loan product to retain its flexibility, and preserving the integrity of the green loan market while it develops.
The GLP build on and refer to the Green Bond Principles of the International Capital Market Association, with a view to promoting consistency across financial markets.
- ESG investment
- Green asset
- Green bond
- Green Bond Principles (GBP)
- Green finance
- Green loan
- International Capital Market Association (ICMA)
- Loan Market Association (LMA)
- Loan Syndications & Trading Association (LSTA)
- Social Loan Principles (SLP)
- Sustainability-Linked Loan Principles (SLLP)