1. Currency assets - adjective.
The siting of a currency asset in the country of which the currency is the domestic currency.
Contrasted with 'offshore'.
2. Regulation & law - European Union - Brexit - verb.
To transfer the provisions of relevant EU regulations and law, into domestic regulation and law.
For example, the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).
- Onshoring EMIR to the UK
- "The European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) has been onshored into UK legislation via a number of statutory instruments (SIs) and Binding Technical Standards (BTS).
- A list of UK EMIR onshoring legislation can be found on the UK EMIR library page...
- The onshored UK EMIR REFIT also brings into UK legislation amendments to UK EMIR that make the regime more proportionate for certain firms."
- UK EMIR - Financial Conduct Authority
- Onshored EMIR updated
- "[The Financial Services Act 2021] contains technical updates amending the onshored version of EMIR to improve access to clearing services, especially for smaller firms."
- Allen & Overy - 2021.