From ACT Wiki
Working effectively with others.
In the context of treasury, relationship management includes:
- Building and developing connections internally between the people within organisations, including for example the board and departmental teams.
- Building and developing connections externally between the business and other organisations and customers, for example stakeholders including banks.
- Providing advice, information and support, both internally and externally.
- Relationship management - critical skills
- The treasury team must be able to bring internal stakeholders together and to build relationships within different teams. They should be able to understand the business and provide the correct advice. They must also manage external relationships with bankers, credit rating agencies, the treasury network and other stakeholders. The ability to provide concise, clear information as well as to manage the different relationships with all stakeholders are both critical skills.
- The Group Treasurer - An ACT guide to the first 100 days, p10.