EU Green Bond Standard
Sustainability - green bonds - European Union (EU).
(EUGBS or EU GBS).
The EU Green Bond Standard is a voluntary standard to help finance sustainable investments.
The core objective is to create a new ‘gold standard' for green bonds that other market standards can be compared to, and potentially seek alignment.
This standard will aim to address concerns on greenwashing and protecting market integrity to ensure that legitimate environmental projects are financed.
(Source - European Commission press release)
- ICMA GBP alignment of EU GBS
- "Importantly, the EU Green Bond Standard is a voluntary standard, and EU GBS aligned bonds are [ICMA] GBP-aligned by definition”.
- Katie Kelly, senior director, market practice and regulatory policy at ICMA - The Treasurer, October 2020, p19
- Blue bond
- Carbon footprint
- Climate Bonds Initiative
- ESG investment
- Gold standard
- Green bond
- Green Bond Principles (GBP)
- Green finance
- International Capital Market Association (ICMA)
- Sustainability bond
- Sustainability Bond Guidelines
- Sustainability Linked Loan Principles