From ACT Wiki
Quality - regulation - noun.
A minimum mandatory level of quality and technical specification, embodied within a formal regulation, thereby increasing the standard's usefulness and reliability.
- Green bonds need a regulatory standard - ECB
- "Our findings show that, first, in the absence of regulatory standards, investors seek credibility of green bonds and issuers...
- [We find a] need for a regulatory standard that will provide a clear definition of green bonds and requirements to assure that proceeds raised from the issuance of green bonds contribute to the transition.
- Institutional investors may not have strong incentives to monitor the environmental performance of green bonds while retail investors may not have the capacity and knowledge to so.
- Thus, a regulatory standard is key to channel investments into projects fostering the transition.
- Furthermore, only a common standard can help avoid investors’ confusion, loss of confidence and potential runs even on the best green bond."
- Pricing of green bonds: drivers and dynamics of the greenium - European Central Bank - Working Paper 2728 - September 2022.
- Bank supervision
- Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR)
- Climate Bonds Standard
- EU Green Bond Standard (EUGBS)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- Gold standard
- Green bond
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Market Abuse Regulation (MAR)
- Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (MiFIR)
- Money Market Funds Regulation
- PRIIPs Regulation
- Primary legislation
- Prospectus Regulation
- Prudential regulation
- Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA)
- Prudential Regulation Committee
- Rate regulation
- Rate regulator
- Red tape
- Regulatory arbitrage
- Regulatory capital
- Regulatory risk
- Regulatory Technical Standard (RTS)
- Reputational risk
- Retained EU law
- Secondary legislation
- Securities Financing Transactions Regulation (SFTR)
- Securitisation Regulation
- Self-regulatory organisation (SRO)
- Standard Setting Body
- Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR)
- Taxonomy Regulation