Development banks are national or regional banks established to provide loans or equity capital for productive investment, often accompanied by technical assistance, in developing countries.
Development banks may be publicly or privately owned and operated, although national governments frequently make substantial contributions to the capital of private development banks.
- Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa
- Asian Development Bank
- Central bank
- Council of Europe Development Bank
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- United States Agency for International Development
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development