Working effectively with others - coaching techniques.
NLP is an abbreviation for neuro-linguistic programming.
NLP incorporates the concept that people construct ('encode') their own realities through the language they use.
Clients' language may include systematic distortions, for example deletions or over-generalisations.
The methods of NLP coaching include appropriately challenging distortions in the client's language.
For example, in response to the client's statement:
"They never listen,"
the NLP coach might ask:
"WHO never listens?" (to recover deleted information); or
"They NEVER listen?" (to encourage the client to search for exceptions to the over-generalisation).
- Association for Coaching
- Association of Corporate Treasurers
- Career coaching
- Coaching applications
- Coaching techniques
- Cognitive behavioural coaching
- Cross-cultural coaching
- Developmental coaching
- European Mentoring & Coaching Council
- Executive coaching
- Existential coaching
- Gestalt coaching
- Health and wellness coaching
- International Coach Federation
- Leadership coaching
- Maslow's hierarchy of needs
- Narrative coaching
- Neuro-linguistic programming
- Ontological coaching
- Organizational coaching
- Peer coaching
- Person-centred coaching
- Positive psychology coaching
- Psychodynamic coaching
- Skills and performance coaching
- Solution-focused coaching
- Team coaching
- Transactional analysis
- Transactional analysis coaching
- Transactional coaching
- Transformational coaching
- Transpersonal coaching
- Working effectively with others